Cloud Data Platform
What is a cloud data platform?
A cloud data platform facilitates the migration of an organization’s data ecosystem and enterprise data to the cloud and away from traditional on-premises data centers or warehouses. For some organizations, a cloud data platform can take the form of multi-cloud environments.
What are the business benefits of a cloud data platform?
Benefits of a cloud data platform include its ability to:
- Rapidly ingest structured and unstructured data to empower analytics.
- Scale quickly and easily as data and analytics needs evolve.
- Facilitate creation of a data lake to democratize data and share it anywhere and anytime, among both onsite and remote users.
- Simplify IT operating environments and reduce costly licenses and maintenance that eat up IT budgets.
- Move from a capital expense (capex) to an operating expense (opex); you pay only for the services you use, making it less costly and more flexible than an on-premises data center.
- Enable businesses to reexamine data processes and data privacy methodologies.
- Virtually eliminate equipment downtime due to maintenance, damage or theft.