The manual process the agency initially followed included writing compelling call out text and maintaining word counts, character limits and the number of extensions added. Adhering to the inconsistent ad extension platform guidelines resulted in a slow process.
Cognizant's media & entertainment automation experts designed an automation tool to create ad extensions that feature deep learning-based natural language processing (NLP). Based on Python, this tool helps determine the best ad placements for each customer’s website, improving productivity and effectiveness. The solution includes five key components:
- Collecting real-time insights on the company’s brand offerings through website scraping
- Clustering and converting relevant text into ad extensions
- Processing the text through a recurrent neural network with a long short-term memory deep learning model to predict the selection probability of new words
- Recommending terms with the highest probability of selection
- Tuning the hyper-parameters to ensure model accuracy
Based on artificial intelligence (AI), the new solution has helped enhance the performance of ad extensions across a large number of websites and improved the productivity of campaign managers by 50%.