What is cloud management?
Cloud management is the management of cloud infrastructure using tools, framework and processes that typically include monitoring, notification, provisioning, orchestration, configuration management, capacity management, application performance management, incident/problem/change management, log management, security and compliance management, DevOps pipeline management and so on.
What are the business benefits of cloud management?
With effective cloud management, an organization achieves numerous benefits, including:
- Robust governance. Ensure controlled cloud usage and better visibility by bringing in technology, financial security and service governance.
- Operational efficiency. Use automated management of cloud resources to reduce manual intervention and increase efficiency.
- Security and compliance posture. Use continuous monitoring and management to reduce cyber vulnerabilities and security threats and increase compliance.
- Continuous optimization. Optimize budgeting and improve utilization/allocation of resources, spend and performance measurement.
- Resiliency and business continuity. Focus on availability, fault-tolerance and disaster recovery to ensure business resiliency.
- User empowerment. Reduce turnaround times and improve the user experience with self-service models for business users, developers and the executive community.