What is cloud enablement?
Cloud enablement is the process of analyzing an organization’s existing landscape, then architecting, deploying and operating a portion of its IT infrastructure, software and resources to the cloud—whether by moving in-house IT to a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment.
What are the business benefits of cloud enablement?
The business benefits of cloud enablement include:
- Accessibility–Employees can access data and information from any place, at any time, from any device, without being dependent on a physical network
- Cost-effectiveness–There is no need for heavy-duty computing hardware for all employees
- Scalability–Scaling up support resources for employees requires only a basic computing system
- Easy management–Employees can access data and instructions from a central database, virtually eliminating miscommunication or confusion
- Speed of innovation–An organization gains the agility to respond swiftly to market needs by rolling out new products or services