Fact: More than 70 percent of acquisitions fail to deliver on pre-deal promises. The risks of any M&A deal are immense. And they are often compounded by an organization’s failure to anticipate issues and effectively manage the process. Often, the opportunity to leverage maximum value from consolidation is wasted, and in many cases shareholder value is actually destroyed.
Our innovative Business Integration solution is proven to have a positive effect on accelerating the integration process, enhancing shareholder value and increasing overall end-state profitability. We have significant expertise in collaborating with organizations (often in partnership with banks, investors, lawyers and other advisors) to deliver effective, targeted business results.
We’ve developed a best-practice approach for managing the crucial integration stage of M&A transactions. To mitigate business risks associated with the post-deal experience and optimize the acquisition process, we’ll support your organization—not only during the acquisition stage, but right through to the end-state consolidated business.
We’ll show you how each function within your business has an important role to play to ensure a successful transaction—and transition. This can include making decisions on property, dealing with integration/separation of technology systems, integrating support functions and making key strategic decisions on managing branding and marketing.
Figure 1 - Linking opportunities to business activity
When to Use Business Integration
Our Business Integration solution can benefit any organization embarking on a merger or acquisition as part of a strategic plan for growth. Our expertise is of particular value if you are:
- Planning significant change to business operating models, to drive operational efficiencies
- Consolidating technology platforms to underpin future business growth and create future development and production efficiencies
- Inexperienced in managing complex change programs that have substantial inter-connectivity between business and technology platforms
- Building a best-practice Business Integration framework to achieve tactical and strategic objectives
- Looking to supplement internal delivery capability, from management of the overall program (or constituent projects) to special Integration Test or Data Migration expertise
Over the past decade, we’ve collaborated with many organizations to instill direction, drive and program management capability into their major integration programs. Through our experience and pragmatic approach, we’ve established a reputation for delivering effective, world-class business integration solutions.
We can provide:
- Clarity and simplicity of approach, backed by a sound communication strategy
- Strong chain of command, with singularity of purpose
- Migration to a better business/technology platform instead of building an even more complex hybrid
- Focus on customer impact in all solutions
- Rigorous planning, with multiple reality checks and “live” scenario trials