Service-Oriented Architecture Center of Excellence
Service-oriented architecture (SOA) can mean new agility for your organization, enabling you to leverage IT assets for more efficient and creative business processes. That lets you adjust quickly and economically to the changing needs of today—and for the next generation of business.
Cognizant’s SOA Center of Excellence (CoE) offers mature methodologies and expertise to help make your SOA a reality. We begin with an enterprise-wide view of SOA and how to implement it strategically. Our architects consult with you on best practices, such as creating federations to eliminate technology and organizational silos. Meanwhile, we focus on semantic SOA governance to help you implement scalable and controlled enterprise solutions.
Our SOA CoE’s focus is on understanding vendors’ stack-specific strengths and weaknesses. Leveraging our ongoing partnerships with key vendors, such as IBM and Microsoft, we gain early knowledge of the latest software releases—so by the time a new, innovative solution hits the market, we already have a set of capabilities ready for engagement.
Figure 1 - Cognizant can help you adapt to today’s changing SOA needs and prepare for the next generation of business.
Cognizant takes a "Lifecycle Services" approach to SOA, enabling end-to-end adoption. We offer four major service components:
- SOA Business Transformation Strategy Definition
- SOA Legacy Transformation Strategy Definition
- Appliance Adoption Strategy Definition and Optimization
- SOA Maturity Assessment and Adoption Roadmap (SMM4E)
- SOA Governance Maturity Model For Services (GMM4S)
- SOA Definition & Assessment
- SOA Security Architecture Definition
- Service-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Event and Time Driven SOA Definition and Assessment
- SOA Governance Process Definition and Modeling
Accelerators and Frameworks
Our SOA CoE deploys an extensive range of accelerators and frameworks, including:
- N-View—Offers an architecture assessment framework
- Architecture Workbench—Drives the software architecture specification process
- Café.SOA—Enhances project productivity, promotes standardization and improves the quality of SOA project deliverables
Cognizant’s Maturity and Assessment Roadmap provides a framework for SOA adoption in evolutionary and pragmatic fashion. And our Service Maturity Model for Enterprises (SMM4E)—which includes benchmarks and standards that measure SOA adoption and maturity based on business impact—helps assess your capabilities and mold the services and solutions that best meet your needs.
Offers an architecture assessment framework
Drives the software architecture specification process
Enhances project productivity, promotes standardization and improves the quality of SOA project deliverables
Cases in Point
The SOA CoE team has generated transformational returns for dozens of organizations worldwide. Those clients have benefited from increased operational agility and reduced IT costs, as well as standardized business processes that boost both top- and bottom-line performance. Among our success stories:
- For a leading European news provider, we created a detailed SOA adoption plan and roadmap, which yielded a strategic solution for repurposing content on multiple customer platforms.
- For a leading bank, we used SOA to tighten application integration and centralization of payment processes. This enabled the bank to introduce new products and services with minimal delay.
- For a large credit card transaction processor, we used SOA to centralize exception management, avoiding duplication of work and conforming to open standards.
Let our experts help your organization understand how SOA can meet your business challenges, efficiently and strategically.