Mobile Center of Excellence
Cognizant’s Mobile Center of Excellence focuses on developing solutions and capabilities in the mobile space. Using the latest technologies, this research-oriented group works in close collaboration with other Cognizant teams to help them offer innovative, end-to-end mobile solutions. In many cases, we leverage new technologies to create first-of-their-kind applications that help businesses of all kinds become more productive as they prepare for the future of work.
Whatever devices you use, on whatever platform, Cognizant can enhance your mobile capabilities.
Our Focus Areas
- Smart TV Solutions—With smart TVs expected to be a hot new growth market for mobile platform vendors, new devices are about to flood the global market. Meanwhile, manufacturers are looking to capitalize on the custom application execution capabilities of these smart TVs to create new channels for engaging users.Leveraging the latest innovations in mobile, cloud and smart TV technologies, we help your business create new solutions that extend the TV experience beyond the living room.
- Computer Vision Solutions—Many businesses are looking for the next technology wave to better engage customers. We believe that computer vision is particularly promising due to its ability to use the cameras found on mobile devices. Our areas of focus include developing new capabilities in Augmented Reality and Object Tracking.
- Mobile CRM on iOS and Android—While some CRM providers like SalesForce.com already have native iPhone and Android apps, other industry leaders such as Microsoft MS Dynamics CRM still lack native mobile clients. We are developing native mobile interfaces for such CRM systems. This will help the platform providers to extend their reach and also give users easy access to CRM functionality while away from the office.
- In Vehicle Information (IVI)—Automotive leaders recently settled on out standards of communication between devices and vehicle dashboards. Following this development, IVI is poised to become a hotbed of development activity among major players in automobiles and logistics. To help these suppliers minimize time to market, we are working to extend our expertise with configurable solutions.
- ePrescription—Currently there are few mobile native applications that cater to the prescription needs of doctors, patient, labs and pharmacies. We are filling this void with a new mobile prescription platform that will use Surescripts, an emerging ePrescription framework.