Microsoft Center of Excellence
Cognizant’s Microsoft Center of Excellence (CoE) leverages our collaborative partnership with the world’s leading software company to design and implement transformational solutions based on the next generation of emerging technologies.
Our Octane Solution Center (OSC), launched in 2010, is a recent example of our longstanding partnership. The OSC is part of a joint development program to deliver cloud-enabled solutions to enterprise customers. By combining Microsoft’s cloud technologies with the full range of our services, we can apply innovative cloud-enabled solutions to your business challenges.
Figure 1 - The Octane Solution Center applies Microsoft cloud technologies to build innovative solutions that meet business challenges.
Our Microsoft CoE service offerings include:
- Technology/transformation roadmap definition
- Architecture assessment and definition
- Application assessment
- Technology evaluation
- Application framework development
- New technology consulting
- Application lifecycle optimization
We collaborate with Microsoft on many leading-edge technologies. In addition to projects based on the Windows Azure Cloud-based operating system, we create rich Internet applications built on application frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft Silverlight. Our teams also offer deep expertise in:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2010
- Business Productivity Online Standards (BPOS) Suite
- Application lifecycle management services on Visual Studio Team System 2010
As a trusted Microsoft partner, Cognizant is frequently among the first to release software toolkits for quick deployment of Microsoft solutions. Among them:
- RapidCode—a template-based code generation engine that enables interactive, automated code generation
- SPECTA—a set of extensions, built on Visual Studio, that lets teams follow Agile practices to write accurate, adaptable, secure and efficient code on the Microsoft.NET platform
We’ve also created touch-enabled applications for Windows 7, Tablet PC and Microsoft Surface. And to provide Microsoft with early feedback on new products, we work closely with the company’s Technology Adoption Partner (TAP) programs in key areas such as Visual Studio 2010 and Azure.
Cases in Point
Here are two recent Microsoft CoE projects where new technologies resulted in significant business benefits for our clients:
- A large U.S. auto insurer faced functional consolidation, business-process optimization and inadequate system documentation. We created a new system that solved its most critical business problems and leveraged existing technology investments. The solution includes a multi-layered, multi-tiered architecture that uses web services.
The results: Reduced duplicate functionalities across applications, optimized claims handling and improved integration with LOB and back-end systems.
- A leading healthcare provider whose patients depend on government assistance needed to minimize claim rejections, enhance claims analysis and provide categorized metrics on claim types. Our team created a Microsoft Silverlight-based solution for managing the claims lifecycle. The optimized claim-processing cycle has helped the company significantly reduce manual errors and improve the user experience.
If your company uses Microsoft’s enterprise software, and you need transformational solutions to meet new challenges in today’s business environment, Cognizant’s Microsoft CoE is ready to partner with you.