Corporate Social Responsibility
At Cognizant, we know that we cannot prepare any business — our clients’ or our own — for the future of work without also considering the future of our society and our planet. It is our responsibility to apply our collective knowledge, talent and energies to the challenges we all face in our workplace, our communities and our environment.
We remain committed to making a positive impact on our world by investing financial and human capital in the issues that matter to society. In particular, we’ve focused our sustainability efforts on:
- Improving education in our communities, so that future generations have opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Reducing the environmental impact of our operations
- Providing a safe workplace while promoting professional development
- Maintaining high standards of business conduct
- Delivering superior service and tangible business advantages to our clients
Sustainability has always been an integral part of Cognizant’s business. And in 2011, we officially documented that commitment by adopting a formal policy on sustainability and corporate responsibility, as well as a supplier code of conduct. These ensure that our priorities are clear, concrete and unmistakable to our employees, clients, investors, associates and other stakeholders.