Next Generation Solutions
Future Modes of Work Require New Business Solutions
Future Modes of Work Require New Business Solutions
The way businesses work and deliver value has never been more dynamic: Globalization, cloud and social computing technologies, new workforce demographics, and a stubborn economic reset are all reshaping how work gets done.
To prepare for the future, organizations are rethinking how to define, deploy, source, and manage their technology and business services. We provide forward-thinking companies with new solutions and perspectives that help navigate the challenges—and exciting opportunities—facing today’s enterprise.
Next Generation Solutions Extend Value
Cost savings and operational improvement will always be relevant and critical, but they alone won’t help organizations become a better bank, retailer, insurance firm, or movie studio. New business challenges demand solutions that extend the value of complex, knowledge-based business activities. These next generation solutions:
- Enable dynamic work activities that are complex and difficult to automate
- Often leverage global service delivery and cloud enablement
- Weave together applications, infrastructure and knowledge processes
- Deliver higher levels of transparency and flexibility
- Optimize value through outcomes-based pricing structures based on consumption, throughput, or business metrics
Dynamic Business Solutions Emerge
Our end-to-end Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) solutions support complex, high-value, knowledge-based work. Combining applications, platforms, infrastructure, knowledge processes, and domain expertise allows us to deliver greater efficiencies and innovative business capabilities.
Next-Gen BPaaS Solutions Defined
The new class of business solutions differs from its predecessors in many ways. Here are the characteristics that define our next generation Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) solutions.
- Close business alignment. Solutions are industry-specific and process-aligned, not transaction-level support services. While many and varied, all share a laser-like focus on hard-to-solve problems that materially impact balance sheets. They often benefit from the use of Web-based services, such as wikis, business analytics, and Enterprise 2.0 collaboration.
- Global delivery. Worldwide delivery is fundamental to next generation solutions. Labor arbitrage advantages will continue to evolve, but global delivery ensures access to the best talent, wherever it may be.
- Platforms of collaboration. Next generation solutions can replace or extend systems of record by introducing more productive and intuitive ways of working. This includes using platforms of collaboration that blend cloud, social and even mobility to help solve business problems.
- Efficient cloud enablement. Next generation solutions often leverage cloud delivery technologies where appropriate for lower cost, scalability, consumption-based billing, and flexibility.
- Integrated applications, infrastructure, and BPO services. As a result of this tight integration, companies are beginning to contract for specific business outputs rather than simply how a technology or process is implemented.
- Consulting support. Because customers are often in the early-adopter phase, many next generation implementations include consulting services to help craft and configure business-aligned solutions.
- Service and commercial transparency. Next generation solutions include higher levels of business and technical transparency, often including business service management tools.
- Consumption/output pricing. By aligning billing with business outputs (such as analytics reports) or consumption (such as usage or throughput), these solutions enable clients to pay only for what they use.
- Disruptive levels of savings and value. Properly deployed, this class of solution enables significant savings by shifting expenses from a cost-intensive Cap-Ex model to a more variable Op-Ex model.
These solutions are emerging across many industries. Examples include:
- Clinical data management for life sciences companies
- Smart meter management for utilities
- Mortgage loan management for banks
Our BPaaS solutions free clients to focus on high-value activities that are core to their businesses. For example, a leading pharmaceuticals company worked with us to create a next generation enterprise analytics and reporting solution for its commercial operations. Not only did the company realize cost and process efficiencies, but sales and marketing effectiveness soared.
We are currently working with clients and partners in healthcare, retail, communications, publishing, financial services, and other industries to develop complete, industry-specific, process-oriented solutions that deliver business performance improvements, cost savings, and flexible pricing and delivery options.
Cognizant’s Value Creation Framework
By leveraging our Cognizant Value Creation Framework—which includes proprietary planning tools and methodologies—we architect solutions for near-term cost savings and long-term business transformation. The framework—created through a rigorous two-year collaboration with leading global companies—helps guide clients along the transformational journey to achieve breakthrough levels of performance.
Enhancing Business Value
We offer a broad portfolio of services, frameworks, and methodologies to help customers explore and navigate a new generation of business technology solutions.
Let us show you how we can help your company reach new thresholds of performance to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
- Want to learn more? Please click on your preferred Contact Cognizant link at the top of this page, and we’ll get back to you soon.
- Join our community. Click here to apply to join Cognizanti—our online community for sharing insights, questions, and opinions with other friends of Cognizant.